Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone try these batteries

I have been using AW IMRs both 18650 and 186350 for awhile now. However, in the service of the other addiction, flashlights, I have come across other, what I think are good chemistries that offer both good capacity and instant amperage capability.

Have any of you tried these:
Keepower 26650s 6000 mah 30amp drain
I just ordered Keepsake 18350s with over 1000 mah capacity!!
Sony vt6 3000 mah
Sony vtc5s 2600 mah
Samsung 30 Q. 3000 mah

Hope you get charged up about these.
Truly electrifying!
Absolutely shocking.
Spark your imagination

Last edited:

Keepower is supposed to be good but expensive, I have not tested them as yet.

I haven't tried then either, but I do have a lot of Panasonic cells. I love my Panasonics. I was charging some old Ultrafire 18350s a few days ago and found they have a capacity of 800 mAh. I was very surprised by that. I don't even remember buying them, they are that old. They have an internal resistance of ~150 mohms. Not spectacular, but not terrible either. I am not endorsing Ultrafire batteries. This has got to be an anomaly.

I am sorry that I was not clear. I have tried all of these and think they are pretty good. Got the 26650 Keepowers for a Convoy L6....the Sony's for an Emisar D4, and the Samsung's for an Astrolux MF01.....

The only ones that I have not tried out were the Keepsake 18350s....but testing on them looked pretty good.

Lyget-info.dk......he is a great resource for not only batteries but chargers as well.

I just wanted to share this and see if anyone else had any experience with them.

Benm

I haven't tried then either, but I do have a lot of Panasonic cells. I love my Panasonics. I was charging some old Ultrafire 18350s a few days ago and found they have a capacity of 800 mAh. I was very surprised by that. I don't even remember buying them, they are that old. They have an internal resistance of ~150 mohms. Not spectacular, but not terrible either. I am not endorsing Ultrafire batteries. This has got to be an anomaly.

Genuine panasonic cells are great, they usually look far from spectacular but meet the figures quoted in their datasheets. For capacity you need to see if the value is a typical or minimal, but they'll often meet the typical value or exceed it, certainly when new.

Anything branded 'ultrafire' i would be -very- careful about. There once were ultrafire (protected) cells that were pretty good, especially for the price. But nowadays there are so many fakes out there profiting of that reputation that i wouldn't dare buy them off some random ebay seller at all.

Those two 18350s I got are protected cells and are years old. I guess I got a couple of the good ones as they check much better than I was expecting. I would not buy any more now.

Ijoy makes very good batteries and so does Basen, Both are highly rated in independent testing!

Benm

I've found in general that several companies make pretty good batteries, but the important factor is finding a reliable vendor so you don't get fakes.

One way to spot a fake is simply by weight: check what the datasheet says and weigh what you get, if it's far lighter it's a fake, even if it looks very good otherwise.

There have been blatant fakes where they used 18650 sized tubes filled with sand a tiny cell inside, those would probably be pretty correct in terms of weight but very far off in performance. The fakes you see most nowadays just use less and lower quality material rolled in the 18650 form factor. I suppose the fakers will compensate for the weight loss by making the outer shell thicker at some point, but for now it's a good clue ;)