Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm violet chinese laser

I have bought a 405nm chinese violet laser on aliexpress (no battery no charger no goggles) for around 9 dollars in popular gray metal water resistant tube with orange soft safety button on the bottom of the laser labeled as (fake as usual 8w 8000m) lol.. and the reason i decided to do it was a comment with that laser in description burning paper pretty well and i can also burn wood and plastic so i did some engraving. I recognized the same laser on youtube chanel and guy mentioned
this forum and thats how i got here on LPF.

In this video guy explains how somebody from this site measured the power and it could be from 50-100mW so i was wondering if someone maybe could know something more about it?

https://youtu.be/2RqH_02M3bc Thanks!

I know this.....

It would be appreciated if you would introduce
yourself to the members in the Welcome section
so that members can learn a little about you.

It would also be helpful to members if you included
your Global location in your Profile...

Members are more likely to help someone they know
a little about.

Jerry

GSS

It's like the video said.
Anywhere from 50mw to 100mw. Also very dangerous if you were to take a hit to the eye.
Don't expect a beam unless in a very dark room with added fog. Like he said the camera pic's up the dot that the eyes can't see.
If your planning to engrave wood, follow a duty cycle and avoid the smoke getting on the lens as much as possible.
If your here to stay, do a intro of yourself on the forum. It helps us with questions you might have, and yourself:)

Edit: Lasersbee, you beat me as always. Whoa I better re phrase that:eek:
You beat me to the answer:can:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
^^^^ Twasn't me, you'll have to give the credit to Jerry for this one! ;) ^^^^

Reactions: GSS
If your here to stay, do a intro of yourself on the forum. It helps us with questions you might have, and yourself:)

Edit: Lasersbee, you beat me as always. Whoa I better re phrase that:eek:
You beat me to the answer:can:
:crackup::crackup::beer:

Jerry

Reactions: GSS

GSS

^^^^ Twasn't me, you'll have to give the credit to Jerry for this one! ;) ^^^^
Bow, you were on my mind as your agonizingly close to 800K;)
There I go again "on my mind":whistle:
I mean on my mind for rep:can:

Last edited:
:crackup: This just ain't your day, Peter. Yeah, these cheap 405nm lasers have been around for a while. I have one that measures between 70 and 80 mW. Not much power and the only reason it can burn at all is you can focus it down to a tiny dot a few cm away from the laser's output. Very close to invisible to the eye, but it will definitely burn a hole in your retina before you can blink.

Last edited: